httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Conf for 2000 Users ??
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:57:23 GMT
BipinDas-Gmail wrote:

 > When I tested it Apache takes the complete resources and system
 > failed.

Tested how?
Failed how?

Did it take all memory and start swapping too much?
Did it take all CPU?

Is there anything else that requires those resources on that machine?

> Now we  need to put Moodle LMS into this webserver for which students
> able to attend Quiz upload assignments (MSword,PDF etc).

How much resources does your Moodle LMS thingy take? How does it run?

If the Moodle LMS thingy is a CGI you should check if you can run it as
a fastcgi (unless you're allready doing that).

> <IfModule prefork.c>

If the Moodle LMS thingy works in a threaded environment you should
consider using the worker mpm.

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda