httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about how to fetch html?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:15:56 GMT
Brian Kim wrote:
> Hi all.

Hi Brian.

> Currently I am creating a http-based proxy system to fetch a html data
> between users' browser ans web server.

That's usually what browsers do already, but ok..

> In fact, I did it by adding some code in
> ap_proxy_http_process_response function as follows

... some courageous lines removed for clarity here ...

> By the way, this given code seems to repeat getting a partial html and
> passing it down.

Yep, that's usually what webservers do. And proxies too.
Suggestions and patches for improvement are always welcome though.

However, I want to parse the complete html, analyze it and send it to
users' browser.

Well, the browser already does that all by itself, so it's not clear
what your purpose is, here.

> By concatenating the partial html, I can create a complete html data
> and parse it.

That basic idea is ok.

However, it only can happen after the html is already sent according to
the above program structure.

Don't understand exactly what structure you're referring to, but yes, it
is hard to parse the html before the server sent it.

> Does anyone know about how to fix this problem?

It is not quite clear what the problem is, here.

Is there any general way to fetch html?

With a browser maybe ?

;-)