httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error 403 with POST but not GET
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:35:34 GMT
Jonathan Gazeley wrote:

> x.x.x.x - jg4461 [09/Jun/2009:07:18:32 +0100] "GET
> /cgi-bin/registerMAC.pl?ticket=ST-39049938-KDf1eIxd5gH0dodU8KzX
> HTTP/1.1" 200 4792
> x.x.x.x - - [09/Jun/2009:07:19:40 +0100] "POST /cgi-bin/registerMAC.pl
> HTTP/1.1" 403 313

Just from the name and arguments of the script, I'd guess that the
script itself has something to do with authentication/authorisation, and
that it may well be /it/ which returns the 403 error.
Since the script is perl, to handle these requests it may very well be
using the CGI.pm (perl library) module, and this module (and perl) may
be another version on your new server.  This different version in turn
may very well be interpreting GET and POST arguments differently from
the previous one.
In a POST, arguments are sent in the /body/ of the HTTP request, not
only in the URL.  That's why you do not see some arguments in the access
log.

If you care to send me the script or post it somewhere for a look, I
could probably tell you more.