httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Internal Dummy Connection .. Should I care ?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 07:51:30 GMT
BipinDas-Gmail wrote:
> Yes Eric. I have read that already . I need to solve it :). I have put
> .htaccess in my webroot
> According to the document instructed.
> But still I am getting the same.....

It looks like you did not read it very well then, as I cannot see where
it tells you to add a .htaccess file. In terms of performance, this is
probably the worst you can do.

What it tells you is :
1) that these accesses themselves are normal, and part of the way Apache
works.
2) that if you do not want to see them in the logs, you can filter them
out of the logs via the method recommended in the article (SetEnvIf and
conditional logging).
3) that if you use SSL, you should make sure that your Listen directives
are in the order
Listen 443
Listen 80
and not in the opposite order.