httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Zuelow <James_Zue...@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] sending email
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:55:26 GMT
When you logged in as www-data manually you started a login shell.  You can think of that shell
as a "pre shell" where all of www-data's dot files were read, environment variables were set,
etc. before starting up the command shell.

When apache is running, it is not "logged in" as www-data, so none of the dot files are read
and you needed to explicitly specify which dot files you want run.

James