httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Ochs <jochs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Intermittent problems with mod_proxy, authentication, and Azureus HTML WebUI
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:05:32 GMT
Good afternoon,

I run a variety of programs and services that present information or
configuration via a web interface (tivowebplus, mlnet, sabnzbd,
transmission, etc). Rather than every program presenting its own web
server on a different port or even a different host (6886 for Vuze,
9091 for Transmission, 4080 for mlnet, etc), I'm using Apache's
mod_proxy to access them via my existing web server and add
authentication.

Transmission, mlnet, sabnzbd, and my tivo's all proxy and authenticate
seamlessly. However, the "Azureus HTML WebUI" plugin fails most of the
time when loaded through the proxy with authentication, either
displaying pages with broken images, broken CSS files, or the ever-
informative "d14:failure reason29:String index out of range: -1e".
Sometimes it loads perfectly, although very rarely. When I connect
without the authentication block in the config, it works every time.

If anyone sees anything amiss, by all means please let me know.

Thanks,

  - Joshua Ochs
Mac OS X 10.5.7 Client
Apache/2.2.11

LoadModule proxy_html_module            libexec/apache2/
mod_proxy_html.so

ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>
	Order deny,allow
	Allow from all

	AuthName "Proxy Access"
	AuthType Digest
	AuthUserFile "/Library/WebServer/var/users.digest"
	Require valid-user
</Proxy>

ProxyPass		/vuze/		http://127.0.0.1:6886/
ProxyPassReverse	/vuze/		http://127.0.0.1:6886/