httpd-users mailing list archives

From br...@brentfriedman.net
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxy not forwarding webdav document from server inside firewall
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:19:43 GMT
I am using IBM Http Server 6.0 (aka apache 2.0.x) on two servers, one in a
dmz (server 1) and one inside a firewall (server 2).

I have a web application running on IBM Websphere 6.0 inside the firewall
(server 2), and the reverse proxy works fine for the web application.

There is a javascript window.open event that is supposed to show a
document housed in webdav on the server inside the firewall (server 2).

In access.log on server 2, I see the forwarded http request with a 200
event code, and the expected byte value returned for the document in
webdav.  However, the document's http response is never forwarded back
through the reverse proxy.

Webdav is configured on server 2.

No proxy is defined on server 2, only on server 1.

Do I need to configure something on the internal server (server 2) for its
http response (which is a webdav document) to be sent to the client
browser via server 1?

Thanks,

Brent Friedman