httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Florian S." <flo....@gmx.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Wildcard-domain environment var for ProxyHTMLURLMap
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:10:24 GMT
Hi!

I got a question about how/where to use environment vars.

Assume a simple namebased VirtualHost that is a reverse proxy:

	Listen 127.0.0.1:1234
	NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:1234

	<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:1234>
		ServerName *.foo.com
		ProxyPass / balancer://lb/
		ProxyPassReverse / balancer://lb/
	</VirtualHost>

	<Proxy balancer://lb>
		BalancerMember http://bar.com
	</Proxy>

Now, I want to sanitize the HTML and Location Headers. But how can I
determine, which domain matching the wildcard was used by the client?
(Host-Header like de.foo.com or en.foo.com)

It has to be something like that (simplyfied):

	ProxyHTMLURLMap bar.com %{HTTP_HOST}
	Header edit Location bar.com %{HTTP_HOST}

I found several different ways for giving env-vars or setting them for
myself first. Nothing worked.. (env:, ENV:, env=, %{}, %{}e, etc..)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance:
	Florian Schröder