httpd-users mailing list archives

From Karim Zaki <Karim.Z...@itworx.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 Timeout + ProxyRemote
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:49:45 GMT
Hello,

I'm running Apache 2.0 on Solaris 10, and I have it configured to proxy requests to a Squid
server. The configuration is as follows:

ProxyRemote     *     http://<squid-server>:<squid-port>

Apache is configured with a 10-second timeout as follows:

Timeout     10

However, I'm seeing requests in the Apache logs that are taking over 20 seconds to be served,
and they are requests that are going through Squid.

My question is whether there are other factors involved in determining the "effective" timeout,
which I may not be aware of.

I know there's ProxyTimeout that would affect proxied requests, but do I need to set it? Why
does Timeout not handle this?

Thanks,
Karim