httpd-users mailing list archives

From liketo findoutwhy <liketofindout...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] running Apache on a 10Mbps Comcast upload account but can download at 160kbps only
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 12:35:07 GMT
I was running Apache 2.2 on a residential user account.  If I try
speedtest.net, my uplink is about 10Mbps.  But if I set up Apache and then
try downloading from my other ISP (AT&T DSL), I only can download at about
20 kByte / s... which is about 160 kbps.   Is there something I should set
for Apache to make it go faster?  Or can Comcast be detecting that it is
Apache and thus limiting it to 160kbps?  If that's the case, is there a way
to make it go faster for some bigger files, such as using an FTP server
also?  thanks very much.