httpd-users mailing list archives

From "McGarr, J. Michael" <mike.mcg...@excella.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] [Apache 2.2] Issues with mod_autoindex
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 21:12:05 GMT
Ok, so I just confirmed that the autoindex_module is loaded statically, so that is not the
issue.

________________________________

From: McGarr, J. Michael [mailto:mike.mcgarr@excella.com]
Sent: Tue 5/19/2009 4:56 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] [Apache 2.2] Issues with mod_autoindex

I am new to Apache installations and administration and I have a new Apache httpd instance
setup and I would like to setup autoindexing on a certain directory.  I only get 404 errors
from the directory.  I checked to see if mod_autoindex is being loaded and I didn't see it
in the httpd.conf LoadModule list.  I checked to see if the mod_autoindex.so file was in the
modules directory and it wasn't.  I assume that this is my problem.  If this is the cause
of my issue, where do I get and how to install this mod?  In case this isn't the issue, the
directory has been setup using the following directive:

<Directory /opt/data/foo>
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow