httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] renewing a certificate
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 11:53:20 GMT
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Melanie Pfefer
<melanie_pfefer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> you are right.
>
> But I tried now a replica of what I have:
> apache
> tomcat
>
> The certificate is self-signed and I just generated it. Is it normal to have on the browser:
sec_error_expired_certificate

When you generate a certificate yourself it will also have an expery
date. You can check this with keytool or openssl. So you might need to
generate a new one (and generate one with an expiry date sufficiently
in the future to avoid having to repeat this to often...)

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org