httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Gingras <francois.ging...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How do you build a FIPS 140-2 apache ?!?!?!
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 18:51:46 GMT
Sam,

Since you're 'theman', I guess we assumed you'd manage on your own.

Seriously, however, no one is forcing you to use this software. Go ahead
and use commercial software, we won't mind.

Frank

Sam theman wrote:
> I was able to build a FIPS 140-2 apache, thanks to nobody at the apache users list. I
banged my head against the wall for 2 days, and pieced together a lot of confused emails...
WHY do apache developers not go the extra half foot and publish a doc. They will develop code
out the gazoo, but then not tell anyone HOW to use it.... and people wonder why open source
software is gradually being flushed down the toliet by the Oracle corp's of the world!!