httpd-users mailing list archives

From Drew Tomlinson <d...@mykitchentable.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Domain Masking (I think?)
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 15:22:31 GMT
I'm running Apache 2.2.9 and am trying to grasp domain masking (I hope
that's the right term).  Basically I have two virtual hosts defined on
my server that both point to the same DocumentRoot directory.  The
directory is a wordpress installation if that matters.

The two URLs are:

http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog
http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com

The mykitchentable.net/fatblog is the original and I want to keep it in
place.  The other is new.  What I want is that if I enter the blog via
http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com/$1, that URL remains in the address
bar of the browser and only the /$1 part would change.  As it stands
now, if I enter via that URL, after the first click, the address bar
shows http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog/$1.

I've Googled and see references to mod_rewrite and mod_proxy but do not
understand where to begin.  Would someone please nudge (or smack) me in
the right direction?

Thanks,

Drew

--