httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache hangs when maximum connection beyond 2000
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 11:22:23 GMT
BipinDas-Gmail wrote:

> My goal is to set up this server for serving around 2000 connections
> simultaneously with  minimum load. Any more changes to be needed ?

Do you need to have 2000 simultaneous *open* connections, or do you
simply need to serve 2000 users simultaneously visiting your web site?

If the former, I'd suggest using a threaded MPM. If you're worried about
non thread safe PHP you can use fastcgi for PHP.

If the latter and if the single requests are beeing served fast, you
could try lowering the keepalive timeout (or turn off keepalive) and see
if that helps.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda