httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error starting Apache2
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 14:15:56 GMT
Daniel Ruiz Molina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have getting some errors when Apache2 starts because of there is a
> configuration site (in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled) that links to a file
> that now not exits. So Apache2 tries to start but finds this problem and
> stops.
>
> Is there any parameter in the configurations files that allows Apache2
> continue starting sites although any of them are not accessible (file
> removed, bad link...) ??

No, for good reasons given by someone before.

But, the fundamental reason for your problem is : someone removed the
file in /etc/apache2/sites-available, without using the correct way to
do so.
What should have been removed is the /link/ in
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled, and not vice-versa.

By the way, this is an issue that concerns the way that the Linux
(Debian ?) Apache packagers configure their Apache package for that
system, and not an Apache issue.

Also look up the commands : a2ensite, a2dissite, a2enmod, a2dismod that
are part of the same Apache/Linux package.