httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] $_POST equivalent env variable in apache
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 13:54:33 GMT
Evuraan wrote:
> Greetings..!
>
> Question:much like $_POST in php, used to collect values from a form
> sent with method="POST", is there a variable (like $QUERY_STRING in
> case of a GET) to grab data from a POST request?
>
> I am trying to avoid having a php snippet to read form data. Like
> $QUERY_STRING in case of a GET, is there a variable for POST DATA.?

Short answer : no.  Apache does not set up an environment value with the
content of a POST.

But in fact the question does not make much sense.

In the case of a POST, the data may include, for instance, the whole
content of a 30 MB uploaded file.
There must exist some method in PHP to obtain this data, but that is a
question best asked on a PHP forum.