httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 08:24:51 GMT
Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an apache web server and other instances started with a different httpd.conf (where
I specified different htdocs, port number, pid...)

> Now the instances count around 10.
>
> A sudden request came to have php integrated in all instances.
>
> Could you please share your expertise on the best approach to tackle this situation?

Well it would help to know indows or linux ;)

It depends exactly how you have created the different instances. In my
setup I have a single config.conf, but it calls vhost.conf files for
each virtual host. SO there is only one module list to which the PHP5
module (mod_php5.so or php5apache2_2.dll) gets added.

Each virtual host .conf then adds the
'AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php' and 'DirectoryIndex ...'
to that instance. Not sure if that is the 'right' way, but that is how
it's been set up by the linux distribution ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL