httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Fwd: Home Web Server
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 15:06:25 GMT
Justin Zhang wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply. How do I know which external IP address
> is right. I got 2 different address from myIPaddress with & without
> phone router. 24.78.136.243 and 24.78.147.173. Is my configuration
> right? ServerName 24.78.147.173:80 <http://24.78.147.173:80>

Both addresses fail to provide web sites from this side ...
http://24.78.147.173 simply times out, but http://24.78.136.243/
probably has something attached as it says connection refused. So either
your router does not know how to pass the messages through. ( Mine has a
firewall that needs a port opening to allow the local web site out ) or
since I doubt that you have a static IP address, your ISP is blocking
things. Bare in mind that these numbers may well change when you
reconnect ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL