httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Fwd: Home Web Server
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 14:58:51 GMT
Justin Zhang wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply. How do I know which external IP address is
> right. I got 2 different address from myIPaddress with & without phone
> router. 24.78.136.243 and 24.78.147.173. Is my configuration right?
> ServerName 24.78.147.173:80

Justin,

there are 2 separate things :
- one is your Apache server, which runs on some machine (of a type we do
not know yet), but we do know that it has an internal IP address of
192.168.0.100, and we do know that, apparently, from some (other ?)
computer in your internal network, you can access this Apache server at
address 192.168.0.100.
More, we don't know, because you have not said.
But you got it running, so that is good.

- the second is your network configuration.  Of that one, we know very
little, and it is a bit confusing when you talk about "with & without
phone router" and two different (apparently public) IP addresses.

Can you describe your configuration a bit better, like :
- what machine and OS is the Apache running on ?
- what version of Apache, and where did you get it ?
- do you have one, or two connections to the Internet ?
- what are you doing to try to access your webserver from the Internet ?
what machine are you using for that, and how is it connected to what ?
- is the machine where Apache is running the same as the machine where
you use your browser ? How many machines are there in your internal
network ?

Another important aspect : you give two "public" (Internet) IP addresses
above. Are these two IP addresses permanent (always the same), or do
they change every day, or when you reboot your Internet router ?