httpd-users mailing list archives

From CrystalCracker <sudarshan.acha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How does Prefork work?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 16:43:11 GMT

Ok, now given that I have the following settings for prefork:

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers   5
MaxSpareServers  10
MaxClients            250
MaxRequestsPerChild  10000
</IfModule>

Is the following setting for Tomcat AJP Connector appropriate? What I wanna
know is how the apache processes works with the AJP tomcat threads? Is it
again a one-to-one thing or can a process spawn more than one thread?

    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
        maxThreads="250" connectionTimeout="600000" />

Is the connectionTimeout too high practically? How about the maxThreads for
250 maxClients?

My worker.properties is:

worker.node1.port=8009
worker.node1.host= localhost
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.connection_pool_timeout=600