httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arvin S <arvin123...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] jk2 configuration problem
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 03:58:58 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get basic loadbalancing using an apache web server and two tomcat servers in
remote machines.
I am using windows 2003 server as the OS for all the mcahines.

I have installed Apache 2.2 - using apache_2.2.11-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8i.msi.
I downloaded mod_jk-1.2.28-httpd-2.2.3.so.
Somewhere I read, that I need to rename it to mod_jk.so and put it under the modules directory
of Apache server.
Other places, I read that there is supposed to be a DLL for windows that needs to be placed.

I am confused, I dnt see any DLLs in the apache server that seems to be working fine in windows
2003. Do I need a DLL for the mod_jk?

I am looking at this article - http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2004/jw-1220-tomcat.html?page=1#resources

and I am stuck.

This article does not talk about configuring the  httpd.conf. (in fact it mentions httpd2.conf,
which is not there in my server conf directory, I have httpd.conf)

Is there any link to detailed step by step instructions on setting this up?

Thanks in advance
-Arvin