httpd-users mailing list archives

From Doug McNutt <dougl...@macnauchtan.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi script unable to create files on server.
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:32:24 GMT
At 04:16 -0700 4/12/09, m jamal wrote:
>  I am new to apache.The problem is that when i run a cgi script
>written in c++,all scripts run fine except those which create a file
>on server computer.

My web host simply does not allow that for security reasons.  Your
visitors are operating with only "world" permission and that doesn't
include write access to directories.

cgiwrap is a package that applies some security precautions and then
permits a "set user id" bit to be used in permissions to make parts
of a cgi script run with the owner's permissions. See if your server
supports it.

--
-> Stocks are getting pelloreid <-