httpd-users mailing list archives

From Igor Cicimov <icici...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Shell Script to automatically start Apache with SSL passphrase?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:38:47 GMT
Usually I use expect in the shell script for interactive programs. Look at
the example bellow I have wrote for SFTP and try to adopt it for your needs.

/usr/bin/expect <<EOF
spawn  /usr/bin/sftp USER@IP_ADDRESS
expect {
        "Password: " {
                        send "PASSWORD\r"
         }
        "Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? " {
                        send "yes\n"
                        expect "Password: "
                        send "PASSWORD\r"
                     }
}
expect "sftp> "
send "cd $DIR \r"
expect "sftp> "
send "lcd $LOCALDIR \r"
expect "sftp> "
send "get $file \r"
expect "sftp> "
send "bye \r"
EOF

So in short you expect the program interactive prompt with the expect
statement (modify it to suite your prompt) and you send the response back
with send command. But I'm not sure if this can help you and if you get any
prompt at all when restarting the apache with SSL password, I have never
tried that.