httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Diggins <mike.digg...@McMaster.CA>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:24:09 GMT

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Nick Kew wrote:

> Mike Diggins wrote:

>>> Tell us what the problem is, and maybe someone can help.
>>
>> This is what I get.
>>

>> diggins@rh1<~/mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6># ./configure
>
>> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/apache2/lib... no
>> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/lib... no
>> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/lib... no
>> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/apache2/lib... no
>> configure: *** memcache library not found.
>
> It's looking for apr_memcache, as referenced on the mod_auth_xradius
> webpage.
>
> That's actually wrong: apr_memcache is now integrated into apr,
> so you shouldn't need to install it.  The configuration should
> be updated.  But it appears to be non-critical:
>
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: creating include/mod_auth_xradius.h
>> config.status: creating include/mod_auth_xradius_config.h
>> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>
> So it didn't actually break on that (though I suspect
> that may get you a partially-crippled build).
>
>> libradius/radlib.h:196: error: parse error before "xrad_cvt_int"
>> libradius/radlib.h:196: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
> `xrad_cvt_int'
>> libradius/radlib.h:196: warning: data definition has no type or storage
> class
>> libradius/radlib.h:206: error: parse error before "u_int32_t"
>
> Looks like u_int32_t is not defined at this point: another minor
> breakage in the build system.  What happens if you typedef
> it earlier in libradius/radlib.h?
>
>   typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;
> (or otherwise, if unsigned int isn't 32-bit on your architecture).
>
> Also, I notice you're using gcc.  SunStudio cc is generally the
> preferred option on Solaris.  If you have it, you can select it
> with by setting CC on the configure line.

I don't know C, but I stuck the line 'typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;'
near the top of radlib.h, and it compiles a bit further, but still fails:

  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I./include -I./libradius -L/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib
-L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -DSOLARIS2=10
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/apache2/include
-I/usr/local/apache2/include -I/usr/local/apache2/include
-I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -MT libradius_la-radlib.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/libradius_la-radlib.Tpo -c libradius/radlib.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/libradius_la-radlib.o
In file included from libradius/radlib_private.h:35,
                  from libradius/radlib.c:45:
libradius/radlib.h:32: error: redefinition of `u_int32_t'
libradius/porting.h:5: error: `u_int32_t' previously declared here
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libradius_la-radlib.lo'

I did try with the SunStudio compiler as well, but it has its own
problems:

libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'

-Mike