httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Diggins <mike.digg...@mcmaster.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't display index.cgi
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:57:42 GMT

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, André Warnier wrote:

> Mike Diggins wrote:
>>
>> I'm running Apache 2.0.58 and Apache2-AuthenRadius-0.6 for authentication
>> on a Sun Sparc V210. I was running another radius module but this one seems
>> better, so I switched. However, I can no longer get Apache to display my
>> index.cgi page when I browse to the directory it's in. It prompts for
>> authentication, which works, but all I get is a blank page.
>
> It may not, since you get a "blank" page.
> In fact, this is certainly not "just a blank page".  There are HTTP response
> code and HTTP headers sent by the server which tell you what kind of error
> occurred (in this case probably a "401 Unauthorized").
>
> The first thing to do for this kind of problem is making sure of what really
> happens.
> There are 2 sources for that :
> - the error log of the server : what's in it ?
> - the browser itself.
>
> For the browser,
> - if you are using Firefox, get the HttpFox extension (or LiveHttpHeaders if
> you have FF v 2)
> - if you are using IE, get the Fiddler extension
> (search Google for both)
> These extensions allow you to see, in an extra browser window, /everything/
> that is sent or received by the browser, in a readable format. That includes
> all request and response headers.
> It will also show you other things that you may not even be aware of, such as
> several invisible exchanges between browser and server before you even see
> this blank page.
>
> For the server, usually Apache modules write errors to the logfile, or can be
> set to do so.  Look for a "debug" parameter for the auth module that you are
> using.
>
> When you have done all of that, come back if you have a question.
> Most probably you will not, because you will already have figured it out by
> yourself.

Thanks, I guess I have a bigger problem than I thought. I'm getting these
errors in the apache server log after authenticating and during the time
my index.cgi script should run. I don't know what's causing that!

[Fri Apr 17 08:39:30 2009] [notice] child pid 18461 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Fri Apr 17 08:39:30 2009] [notice] child pid 18460 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

-Mike