httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frederick H. Lamartin" <fhlamar...@verizon.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to configure Apache to use as personal web server
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:55:21 GMT
I am unable to configure Apache to connect to my local site.

Apache is installed as a personal web server on a notebook computer that uses the Windows
Vista operating system.

The Apache installation works, as evidenced by the "It works" index page shown upon using
the "http://localhost" URL.

I have configured the configuration file, httpd, trying to serve up an index of my web sites
stored in the My Website folder, which is in the  "c:\users\user" folder.

Here are the configuration statements I believe are relevant:

 ServerRoot "C:/Apache Software Foundation/Apache.2"

 Listen 80

 User daemon
 Group daemon

 ServerName localhost:80

 DocumentRoot "C:/users/user/my website/"

 <Directory "C:/users/user/my website/">

      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all

 </Directory>

Use of the localhost URL continues to show only the "It works" index page.

I've tried every adjustment of configuration of which I can conceive.

Where am I going wrong?