httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Beebe <pete_j...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP misconfiguration?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:33:04 GMT

Hello,  I'm running Apache/2.2.6 on a NIX system as a front-end which redirects port 80 requests
to 443 and then hands off traffic to a Tomcat instance.

This morning I was informed that the website was "down".  I confirmed that the expected page(s)
were not accessible.  Instead, to my alarm, I found the contents of the httpd_ssl.conf file
displayed in place of the default pages.  Not so good.

Restarting the httpd service corrected this issue however I'm trying to determine specifically
what could have caused this to occur.

Would anyone have info I could read up on as to how this happened and suggestions (other than
suggestion of upgrading the http server version which is obvious).  I'd be happy to pass on
any obfuscated info as needed.

TIA,

Pete