httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to define constant in apache configuration?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:53:14 GMT
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Alfonsas Stonis
<alfonsasstonis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to define constant that I will use latter in several places.
> Old documentation says that there was Define statement (or similar)
>
> Define myUrl "ldap://localhost"
> AuthLDAPUrl $myUrl

I don't think that there was ever, in any version of Apache, a way to
do what you describe above.

> However, there is nothing in current documentation (I was not able to
> find the same or similar module).
>
> Can you tell me how to do it with apache2?
>
> I tried to search on web, but found only dozens of the same question
> (no answers). I tried:
>
> SetEnv myUrl "ldap://localhost"
> AuthLDAPUrl $myUrl
>
> Did not worked too.

You can't do this in Apache. You could try using mod_perl, which
allows you to use perl statements in an apache config. But do you
really want this amount of complexity?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com