httpd-users mailing list archives

From Russell Bell <russellb...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Explosion of httpd clients
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 21:21:39 GMT
Morten K. Poulsen wrote: 'What are those httpd processes serving?'

Do you mean the pages as recorded in the web logs?  The same sort of
stuff it serves all the time.  We have only static content, nothing
that keeps people interacting, nothing larger than 2 MB.  The IP
addresses of the connectors aren't all in one segment.  It doesn't
look like an attack, at least not in the access & error logs.

Morten K. Poulsen wrote:  'Is Apache still responding?'

Yes, but incredibly slowly.  sendmail won't spawn new processes on
account of the exhaustion of memory.  Lots of processes, httpd and
otherwise, time out.  I have to try a few times to ssh in.

russell bell