httpd-users mailing list archives

From Karel Kubat <ka...@e-tunity.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd]
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:34:53 GMT

Hi,

On Apr 29, 2009, at 7:22 PM, Rocco Scappatura wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ve an Apache2.2+Tomcat5.5+Windows2K platform.
>
> I use Apache2.2 to proxy almost all the requests for 80 port of my
> server
> (http://www.mysite.it).
>
> Since some days I would like to setup an Apache2.2 virtual host to
> show
> the content of a site directly through Apache2.2 (i.e.: not proxying
> the
> requests for the site - say http://www.virtualhost.it - to Tomcat).
>
> It should be quite simple to set this up in httpd.conf:
>
> # Virtual hosts
> Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
>
> and in httpd-vhosts.conf:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>    ServerAdmin webmaster@mysite.it
>    DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2.2/htdocs/virtualhost2"
>    ServerName virtualhost.mysite.it
>    ErrorLog "logs/virtualhost.mysite.it-error_log"
>    CustomLog "logs/virtualhost.mysite.it-access_log" common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> But after reload apache service and I try to access to
> http://www.virtualhost.it I get the content of http://www.mysite.it.
>
> Basically it happens that the request for http://www.mysite.it is
> seen by
> Apache as a request for / and so proxied to Tomcat.

[snip snip]

Please read http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html
Basically you will need two virtual hosts listening to *:80. The first
one must have a ServerAlias www.mysite.it and the second one
virtualhost.mysite.it.

That should do the trick.
- --
Best regards / met vriendelijke groet, Karel Kubat
Mob +31 6 2956 4861