httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Domsch, Christian \(IZLBW Extern\)" <christian.dom...@iz.bwl.de>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] Apache memory hog
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:49:10 GMT
Hmm,

I can't agree with your opinion. The thing is here, that when the apache server is shutdown
and restarted the memory is not freed and so the httpd processes get the out of memory errors
much more quickly because the amount of free memory is much lower.

________________________________

Von: Alessandro Fantuzzi [mailto:fantuzzi@o-one.net]
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. April 2009 15:46
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [users@httpd] Apache memory hog

About the fact that stopping Apache doesnt free the memory, I wanted to point out that our
sysadmin told us this is due to how Apache manages memory.
We didnt went into the details so I cant tell you more.
Should search the documentation.
Anyway this shouldnt be related to the problem that causes the memory leak.

Adrian Marsh ha scritto:

	Hi Christian,

	Do you think you could ask them to see if they resolved it?

	I had similar thoughts, so in my VMware copy I tried various things, including working without
SSL, but I didn't see the results get any better.

	Adrian