httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nishaliny Thurairatnam <ni...@foodreg.my>
Subject [users@httpd] Two virtual hosts with 2 different sets of SSL certificates
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:10:01 GMT
Hi,

I've been tearing my hair out over this for quite some time now...so,
this is the scenario:

I have 2 different virtual hosts, both with different server name's and
aliases, naturally with different sets of SSL certificates. My problem
is, no matter how I try to arrange them, one virtual host settings
ALWAYS takes precedence over the other. I don't want it to take
precedence, I want them both to be read as equals, meaning if I want to
access <VirtualHost1>, then I should access <VirtualHost1>, regardless
of whether <VirtualHostA1> takes precedence.

You see, the problem when it takes precedence is that, when I access my
web page on the browser for the Vhost that has lower precedence, the SSL
certificates for this host is matched incorrectly. It refers to the
certificates defined in the Vhost with higher precedence. It's truly
frustrating :-(

Please, if anyone could shed some light as to how I can resolve
this....I'd appreciate it very much... and please, if I'm doing
something wrong, feel free to let me know...I'm no 'guru' and I don't
claim to know the universe :-)

Thanks very much in advance!

Regards,
Nisha