httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Modify response header
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:49:35 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Diego Manilla Suárez wrote:
>>
>> Any other alternative before giving up and modifying some of Tomcat
>> classes?
>>
> a mod_perl output filter
> That is one alternative which I know works.
> I don't know about other ones.
>
> It requires installing perl and mod_perl on your Apache server,
> configuring it, then adding something like this to your Apache
> configuration :
>
> <Location "/mywebapp">
>   # the following replaces JkMount/JkUnMount directives
>   SetHandler jakarta-servlet
>   # the following filter would modify outgoing Set-Cookie headers
>   PerlOutputFilterHandler My::CookieFilter
> </LocationMatch>
>
> and of course, someone has to write that filter, but it's not so hard.

Additional note : instead of doing this at the Apache level, you might
also want to have a lok at doing this at the Tomcat level.
Instead of modifying existing classes, you could probably do this with a
servlet filter.
You may want to have a look at URLRewriteFilter :
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
Your request is rather specific, so I don't know if it does that kind of
thing, but it's worth knowing about it anyway.