httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuring of HTTP server for DELETE method
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:13:41 GMT
Shob wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
>>> You need a handler for delete.  Your options are mod_dav, or a third-
>>> party
>>> module or script.
>
> If I am not wrong then the handler your speaking about is the scripts.
> I have already tried this. This works fine.
>
> But I would like to use this DELETE method without these scripts.
> Say for example, I give a file name(present in the server) to delete
> directly.

You already had the response.  Apache httpd itself does not have an
"internal handler" for DELETE.  You /must/ provide one yourself, either
like you did before by providing one yourself, or my using an existing
add-on module which does that, like mod_dav.
Have you looked at mod_dav ?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav.html