httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:52:39 GMT
Mike Diggins wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Nick Kew wrote:
>

>> On 22 Apr 2009, at 01:28, Mike Diggins wrote:
>>

>>> Anyone using mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6 with Apache 2.x under Solaris 10
>>> (or any version of Solaris)? I can't get it to compile and I don't
>>> know why. I could use a hand.
>>
>> Tell us what the problem is, and maybe someone can help.
>
> This is what I get.
>

> diggins@rh1<~/mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6># ./configure

> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/apache2/lib... no
> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/lib... no
> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/lib... no
> checking for apr_memcache library in /usr/local/apache2/lib... no
> configure: *** memcache library not found.

It's looking for apr_memcache, as referenced on the mod_auth_xradius
webpage.

That's actually wrong: apr_memcache is now integrated into apr,
so you shouldn't need to install it.  The configuration should
be updated.  But it appears to be non-critical:

> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating include/mod_auth_xradius.h
> config.status: creating include/mod_auth_xradius_config.h
> config.status: executing depfiles commands

So it didn't actually break on that (though I suspect
that may get you a partially-crippled build).

 > libradius/radlib.h:196: error: parse error before "xrad_cvt_int"
 > libradius/radlib.h:196: warning: type defaults to `int' in
declaration of `xrad_cvt_int'
 > libradius/radlib.h:196: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class
 > libradius/radlib.h:206: error: parse error before "u_int32_t"

Looks like u_int32_t is not defined at this point: another minor
breakage in the build system.  What happens if you typedef
it earlier in libradius/radlib.h?

    typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;
(or otherwise, if unsigned int isn't 32-bit on your architecture).

Also, I notice you're using gcc.  SunStudio cc is generally the
preferred option on Solaris.  If you have it, you can select it
with by setting CC on the configure line.

--
Nick Kew