httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't display index.cgi
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:15:24 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Mike Diggins wrote:
>>

>> Thanks, I guess I have a bigger problem than I thought. I'm getting
>> these errors in the apache server log after authenticating and during
>> the time my index.cgi script should run. I don't know what's causing
>> that!
>>
>> [Fri Apr 17 08:39:30 2009] [notice] child pid 18461 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>> [Fri Apr 17 08:39:30 2009] [notice] child pid 18460 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>>
> That might indeed cause a real blank page..
> ;-)
> mod_log_forensic ?

Note that whatever I wrote before might still help you determine
/precisely/ when this happens.  There's lots of buffering going on all
over that might induce you in error.
Also, remember that anything your cgi prints to STDERR should end up in
the Apache error log.  Might be worth inserting some debug prints there,
to see of it at least starts up.
Are you sure your mod_auth is really going to completion ?  a
segmentation fault is hard to achieve in a cgi script.
But it could be the result of using a mismatched version of an add-on
module.