httpd-users mailing list archives

From antispam.apache....@numlock.ch
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV works for anything but Windows Vista and Windows 7
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:56:55 GMT
Pete.LeMay wrote:
> Vista and I'm assuming W7 have issues with most webdav,
>
> These are the extra steps on the client I've had to do to make
> vista work with webdav from a win server.
>
> (a) The below update must be applied.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64&displaylang=en
>

> It is also necessary to have the client machine completely
> current will all Windows updates (and client restarted of
> course).
>
> (b) Access through Internet Explorer does not work, the user
> must access via Windows Explorer:
>
> Windows Vista - Map Web Folder: -> Computer -> Map Network
> Drive -> Connect to a Web site that you can use to store our
> documents and pictures -> Enter address

Thanks, Pete. I tried this hotfix already, but I applied it
again. Vista wasn't impressed, however.

A pretty strange thing is that the version of the WebDAV mini
redirector (mrxdav.sys) on my Vista box is 6.0.6001.18000.
According to
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html
it should be 6.0.6001.22167 with the latest Vista updates
applied. According to Windows Update I've installed all the
available updates for Vista.

Daniel