httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV works for anything but Windows Vista and Windows 7
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:28:34 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> antispam.apache.org@numlock.ch wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my WebDAV setup works fine for Windows XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Java, but
>> it doesn't work at all when using the native WebDAV client of  Windows
>> Vista (and Windows 7).
> [snip]
>>
>> I already tried a lot of the (server and client side) hints I found on
>> the web, but none of them helped.
>>
> Considering both the above, I doubt that this will help, but just in
> case you missed it : there is a long, long history of successive
> versions of Windows so-called "web folders" (aka web redirector)
> implementations that did not work, or worked only with patches, or
> worked differently wheter you had/have this or that version of MS-Office
> installed on the same PC or not and so on..
> I would not be that surprised if Vista's implementation was different
> yet again, and caused problems yet again.
>
> Summaries (apparently recently updated) can be found here :
> http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html
> http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html
>
> Maybe one hint, if you have not seen or tried it before : when you
> create/connect the DAV folder under Windows, at the moment it asks for
> the URL/path, make sure to add the :port number after the hostname, even
> if it is the default port for the protocol.
> Like, connect to "http(s)://server.company.com:port/dirname"

Sorry, according to the summaries above, it would seem that for Vista it
may be just the opposite : the port number should /not/ be specified.
However, another of the listed cases may apply :
I see your URL is https://www.numlock.ch/webdav/testshare , which would
fall in the category "server-discovery" of the above pages.
Suggestion :
- in the server configuration, define an
Alias /testdav/ /webdav/testshare/
- in Windows, try connecting to https://www.numlock.ch/testdav