httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows Server 2003 - Apache crash
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:33:26 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Destone Solutions Ltd. wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> Still getting crashes: Faulting application httpd.exe, version
>> 2.2.11.0, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.2.9.9, fault address
>> 0x0000ad16.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> Happy Easter too.
> This being said, you already have been told in the past that this was
> almost certainly not an Apache problem, but /is/ most probably a PHP
> problem, as quite clearly indicated in the error message above which you
> yourself quote.
> The Apache logging is done at the end of the request cycle.  If a module
> causes Apache to crash before that, as quite clearly happens above,
> Apache cannot log the real cause.
> Why do you thus not ask in a PHP forum, where you will have much better
> chances of obtaining a useful response ?

This being Easter after all, let me add some chocolate eggs to the above
maybe rough-sounding response.
It is not that people here do not want to help you, it is that they
(probably) can't. This is an Apache-httpd forum, where you will find
Apache-httpd experts, not PHP ones.
William previously indicated an Apache module that might nevertheless be
able to provide a more detailed Apache log of what happens, but with 99%
probablity, this module will just tell you the same thing : the PHP
module is crashing.
Now why PHP would crash under Apache 2.x, that is something that PHP
experts may be able to tell right away.  It may be as simple as some
PHP.INI option to set (or whatever), but we here don't know that.