httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nishaliny Thurairatnam <ni...@foodreg.my>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange compile error for Apache 2.2.11
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:02:41 GMT
Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for your reply...I'm definitely no Apache expert, but I think
I decided to arrange my configure options this way before, because I'd
read(in the Apache documentation...I think) that --enable-modules=all
doesn't actually enable all modules, and that's why we have to specify a
few of them explicitly.

I tried your suggestions, and I got the same error again :-(

./configure --prefix=/etc/httpd2 --enable-mods-shared="all cache proxy
authn_alias mem_cache file_cache rewrite" --enable-suexec --enable-ssl
--with-mysql --with-apxs --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config --with-port=80
--with-program-name=httpd2

This time I removed --enable-modules=all, and specified --with-apr
explicitly, although I did not install apr separately.

I tried configure with --enable-mods-shared "all" and "most". I got the
same errors as before.

Fyi, I'm executing my configure script from within this directory:

/home/<user>/Installers/httpd-2.2.11

This may sound a little ridiculous, but could that be a possible reason??

*Update*: Finally got a configure combi that actually compiles without
any errors!!!

./configure --prefix=/etc/httpd2 --enable-modules=most --enable-cache
--enable-proxy --enable-authn_alias --enable-mem_cache
--enable-file_cache --enable-rewrite --enable-suexec --enable-ssl
--with-mysql --with-apxs --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config --with-port=80
--with-program-name=httpd2

The bad thing is, I had to remove "--enable-so" for it to work. Is it
recommended to do an installation of Apache without "so"??

Regards,
Nisha