httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't access apache serverrom a remote computer
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:21:51 GMT
Nathan Huang wrote:
> Hi Who can help me to figure out what problem I have with my apache
> server,
> I am using fedora 10, and installed LAMP in my computer yestoday, I can
> access my apache server from my own computer , I typed
> 'http://localhost/index.php', and when I typed
> http://192.168.2.100/index.php' it is also ok, However when I tried to
> access the apache server from my another computer from ieexplorer typing
> http://192.168.2.100/index.php'  it can't open phpinfo(0 page,
> Please tell me how to config my apache server so as to access it from
> remote computer.

That is probably not an Apache problem.  If Apache responds correctly
when called from the same computer, then Apache is fine.

Your problem is probably that something is blocking accesses to the port
80 of your computer, when trying to access it from another computer.
Check the firewall settings for example, or SELinux, or /etc/hosts.deny
or whatever may be in the way.

 From the other computer, try the following :
- open a command window
- type "ping 192.168.2.100"
   Does that work ?
- if yes, then try "telnet 192.168.2.100 80"
   Does that work, or do you get an error ?