httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Third level domain
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:02:02 GMT
Alessandro Fantuzzi wrote:
> Hi ,
> how do I set up Apache and Tomcat to serve two different web applications.
> One application must respond when you visit www.site.com the other when
> you visit a third level domain like admin.site.com

I don't really know what you mean by "third level domain" in that
context, but in both Apache httpd and Tomcat, serving different
hostnames is usually something one does with Virtual Hosts.
That is explained for both in their respective on-line documentation pages.
See httpd.apache.org and tomcat.apache.org.

If after reading that, you would have further questions, ask again but I
suggest that supply some details about what versions you use, on what
system(s), and your configuration.