httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy_balancer unbalancing?
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:26:10 GMT
Has anyone seen mod_proxy_balancer (in 2.2.11 with mod_proxy_ajp)
becoming unbalanced in usage?

In testing we've seen it balance fine for a minutes/hours and then
seemingly forget about one of the workers -- sending all session-less
requests to another worker (we only have 2 live workers and multiple
"dead" workers in the balancer set).

Later I see requests going to the forgotten worker again and I see
nothing (with LogLevel set to debug) to denote that Apache ever found
the worker unresponsive and thus put it in an error state.

Clearly I have more debugging ahead of me, but I just thought I'd check
to see if such an issue has already surfaced.

--
Jess Holle

P.S. Yes, I could try mod_jk instead, but mod_jk lacks one critical
capability -- the ability to throttle requests by queuing them up in
Apache rather than simply returning a 503 when the AJP workers are
max'ed out.