httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "tee" SSL traffic?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:50:19 GMT
John Oliver wrote:
> Is it possible for an instance of httpd to basically copy all traffic it
> receives to another instance of httpd on another host?

As put, the question just deserves a "yes".

I'll be nice though :
That's certainly possible, most of the time. But why would you want to
do that, rather than just direct the traffic to the other host in the
first place ? I mean, on the face of it, it would just adds overhead.

If you want finer answers, you'll have to provide a bit more detail,
such as
- is this httpd an Apache httpd, which one, which platform ?
- what are you trying to achieve, and maybe why ?
- is there something that prevents requests going to the other host
directly ?