httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewriting Response header from proxied server with Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:48:32 GMT
pthyseba@intec.ugent.be wrote:
[...]
> So my question boils down to: what is a valid Apache 2.0 workaround for
> the functionality offered by proxypassreversecookiedomain and
> proxypassreversecookiepath, given that I cannot upgrade to Apache 2.2 and
> cannot modify the proxied server (e.g. change anything about the generated
> cookies) ?

It seems that once again, the much-maligned language named perl, and its
much underestimated mod_perl module, could be of help.
Do you know perl ?
Is installing mod_perl on the proxy an option ?

Now I must add, the question is, if mod_perl would be an option, then
why would upgrading the Apache 2.0 to 2.2 not be one ?
All being considered, it's probably easier than adding mod_perl to the
existing server.