httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite on reverse proxies...
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 05:39:34 GMT
Mike Lyon wrote:

> So what I would like to know is if there is a way I can rewrite those hrefs
> when they go from the server to the client with mod_rewrite so the client is
> pointed to an SSL href and not just a regular http href. Is something that
> mod_rewrite is capable of doing?

mod_rewrite only deals with HTTP headers, not the content.
You probably need to parse/filter the content which you return and
modify these URLs on-the-fly.
There exists a module to do that, but I forget its name. ProxyHtml ?
In simple cases, there is another module that could help, working more
like sed. I also forget its name, but you could try looking for mod_replace.