httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bastien LEGRAS <bastien.leg...@capgemini.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache CustomLog Syslog Format
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:30:21 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Apache 2.2.8 / Ubuntu and have a issue regarding CustomLog
formatting and syslog. When in my VirtualHost I set :

LogLevel info
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log "%t %l %u @%h Enterprise Directory -
Apache TIMER:%T"

Everything goes well but when I replace those directives by :

LogLevel info
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
CustomLog syslog "%t %l %u @%h Enterprise Directory - Apache TIMER:%T"

I tailf /var/log/syslog and cannot retrieve my apache logs with the format I
specified.

Any clue ? I restarted both apache and syslog-ng.

Thanks,

Bastien LEGRAS

of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you receive this message