httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rocco Scappatura" <Rocco.Scappat...@infracom.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd]
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:33:36 GMT
Thanks Karel for your answer.

On Mer, 29 Aprile 2009 19:34, Karel Kubat wrote:
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>    ServerAdmin webmaster@mysite.it
>>    DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2.2/htdocs/virtualhost2"
>>    ServerName virtualhost.mysite.it
>>    ErrorLog "logs/virtualhost.mysite.it-error_log"
>>    CustomLog "logs/virtualhost.mysite.it-access_log" common
>> </VirtualHost>

I forgot to mention the default virtual host just before the one above
that is sit in my virtual host conf file:

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName www.mysite.it
	DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2.2/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

> Please read http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html
> Basically you will need two virtual hosts listening to *:80. The first
> one must have a ServerAlias www.mysite.it and the second one
> virtualhost.mysite.it.
>
> That should do the trick.

Anyway I added the ServerAlias directive as well but nothing of good has
happened.. :-(

Please read what I report below again (I think that this is the key of the
mistake):

>> Basically it happens that the request for http://www.virtualhost.it is
>> seen by
>> Apache as a request for / (no matter what is the virtual host) and so
proxied to Tomcat.

So I think that the header Host: is considered after mod_proxy and so the
request is forwarded to Tomcat.

Could someone confirm this scenario?

thanks,

rocsca