httpd-users mailing list archives

From GavinW <gavin.willi...@card.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] All Apache Workes in Logging State :S
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 15:17:35 GMT

Hi there,

I've just experienced some very strange behaviour on one of our Apache
Webservers.

We're running Apache 2.2.11 on RedHat EL5.
The server-status page reported 255 slots in use, on a website that's not
currently being used.
On checking deeper, it appeared that all the workers were in a 'Logging'
status...
What does this mean?

Eventually the website stopped responding completely, and i had to restart
the Apache instance.

I've had a dig around the apache logs and i cant see any issues at all...

Any ideas what could be causing this/where i can begin to dig deeper?

Cheers
Gavin